White aluminum oxide powder for Polishing & grinding, a kind of high-grade refractory material, was made from the high quality alumina by melting above 2000 in the electric arc furnace and cooling. It is white with the main crystal phase alpha-Al2O3.The white alumina produced in titling electric arc furnace has the advantage of high bulk density and low porosity and the volume stability and thermal shock resistance can be improved.
|Model: White aluminum oxide powder JIS#4000|
|Chemical compositions||Physical properties|
|Items||Value of specification (%)||Items||Property|
|Na2O||0.34max||Grain density||3.90g/cm3 min|
|Usage||Polishing ,sandblasting and grinding||content of magnetic substance||0.0023%max|
1. Not affecting the color of the processing cases;
2. Sandblasting in the non-iron process;
3. High speed processing and quality;
4. Containing a very low amount of iron oxide, suitable for non-ferrous blasting operations;
Aluminum oxide has become the most popular polish for rock tumbling and most lapidary activities. Why? Two reasons:
1) aluminum oxide does a fantastic job at polishing agate, jasper, quartz, petrified wood and most of the other materials that are polished in a rock tumbler; and,
2) aluminum oxide polishes are inexpensive - they cost less than half as much as cerium and tin oxide - the other all-time favorite polishes.
Aluminum oxide has a chemical composition of Al2O3 - the same as corundum (the mineral of ruby and sapphire). It also has a Mohs hardness of 9.